Support my fundraising efforts by clicking the link above!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Long Run and New Running Shorts

After a weekend filled with going out with friends, I still managed to get my first long run in today. The flexibility of the training program allows me to do long runs on Saturday or Sunday depending on my schedule. After fully recovering from a long weekend, I took to the Charles River to do a 6 mile run. Boston's weather today was perfect for a long run. I could feel a nice strong breeze the entire time! To make my run even a little more exciting, I tried out some new running shorts I picked up from Lululemon Athletica in the Prudential Center. A friend recommended that I check this place out for new running gear. I chose their agility shorts which are made of a lightweight sweat wicking fabric. There was also a handy zipper pocket to keep an ID, credit card, or training gels. Most running shorts can be a little bland, but the designs on these were pretty cool. Check them out!! The bag from the store was pretty cool too, maybe a nice bag to carry lunch or snacks around. Have to make sure I get enough calories in each day to have energy for my runs!

 The shorts felt great after finishing my 6 miles. I may have to go back and pick up another pair!

Looks like week 1 of my training was a success. I finished all of my scheduled runs with a decent pace, and still tons of juice left in the tank at the end. I look forward to week 2 where the mileage will increase only a little. Week 1 down, 17 more weeks to go!!

Don't forget to check out my donation page for the American Cancer Society. Every donation helps fight cancer!!

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Kevin.Fletcher

1 comment:

  1. Kevin! Just wanted to let you know I am following your progress. Maybe one of these days I'll muster up the strength to train for a marathon--but not until I get away from this Georgia humidity! Anyway good luck and I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete