Support my fundraising efforts by clicking the link above!

Monday, June 7, 2010

ON YOUR MARK.....GET SET.....GO!!!!!!

Today is my first official day of training for the 2010 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I have decided to follow the 18 week novice training program designed by world renowned marathoner Hal Higdon. His training programs have helped at least a quarter million runners reach the finish line of the 26.2 mile race!

As excited as I am to begin training today, I was surprised to find out that Mondays are a rest day on the training calendar! This is probably a good thing for me, as I've developed a slight addiction to running these days. I'm sure my body will like having the day off.

Since I can't technically train today, I will use this day to officially start my fundraising efforts for the American Cancer Society. In order to make my first marathon experience more meaningful, I joined the ACS DetermiNation team to raise money that will aid in the fight against cancer. Every mile I run both during my training and on race day will have much more meaning, as it will all be for a greater cause.

I ask all friends, family, and even complete strangers who visit my blog to support the fight against cancer by donating at my personal fundraising page:  http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Kevin.Fletcher

Thanks, and until next time!
~ Kevin

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting Kevin! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Go K Fletch! I'll pitch in for sure! :D soooo proud of youuuu! -milly

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats kev! i love that you're blogging about your marathon journey! hal's plans are really great. and you can switch them up a bit depending on what days you prefer to run. last race i did, i made sure i had tuesdays off as i go into work early those days. can't wait to read more! let's hit up some of these long runs together!
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps- thats my regular blog---my running one is www.runningwithoutheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete