Support my fundraising efforts by clicking the link above!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

End of Week 2!!

My second week of training was very similar to week 1. This involved 3 mile runs on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, followed by a 7 mile run on Saturday. In order to mix things up a bit, I did my normal 3 mile run to the reservoir in the opposite direction. Its amazing how trees and buildings can look from different angles. I also didn't run with my ipod on these short runs. I'm starting to find that running without my ipod is pretty calm and relaxing, allowing me to focus more on my breathing and stride during the run. I keep telling myself, the more comfortable I can feel during my entire run, the easier the final 26.2 miles will be. I also tried to keep all of my runs this week during the early morning. With the summer heat approaching, running in the afternoon is almost not an option! 

Friday was my normal rest day, and I picked up early Saturday morning with a 7 mile run around the Charles. It's pretty awesome to get up and at em early on a Saturday morning before most people even get out of bed. Its actually surprising just how calm the city is on an early Saturday morning! Check out this awesome photo I found of the Boston sunrise from the Charles River. This is very close to the view I saw crossing the Longfellow Bridge during my run.
I ended my Saturday morning run with a nice stretch session at a park near my apartment. All in all, I'd say week 2 was a success, I'm still feeling great at the end of each run. Lets see what week 3 has in store! 

As always, don't forget to check out my donation page for the American Cancer Society, every donation helps in the fight against cancer!!


Until next time,

-Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment