Support my fundraising efforts by clicking the link above!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

18 Miles with Meg!!

Today I ran 18 miles with my friend Meg who is also training for the Chicago Marathon. Check out her blog here: http://runningwithoutheels.wordpress.com/. This is the longest distance I've conquered thus far in my training. I usually train solo, but having Meg along helped a ton. When you're running 3 hours straight without music, having a buddy along the way can help pass time. Meg and I haven't talked in a while, so our 3 mile run was a nice time to catch up. Everything went well for the most part. We planned different loops around the Charles so that we'd have multiple chances to refill our fuel belts with water. It was also helpful having a partner, as those last few miles got a bit rough. Hearing that "we're almost there" and "we can do it" can go a long way when you're ready to stop and walk. Looking forward to running my 20 miler with Meg in a few weeks. That will be the longest distance in the training program. My legs are sore, hoping they'll recover for my next run in a few days.

The marathon is only 49 days away. Check out a photo of the beginning of last years race. I can't wait to join the sea of other athletes!!


Don't forget to check out my fundraising page for the American Cancer Society, every dollar helps!!
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Kevin.Fletcher

Until next time,

-Kev

1 comment:

  1. woo! just saw this now. can't wait for our 20 miler this weekend. (also can't believe i just said that!)

    ReplyDelete