Support my fundraising efforts by clicking the link above!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Tackling the Back Cove

This week my midweek runs have reached 7 miles. Its awesome that 7 miles no longer feels difficult at all to tackle. Although only a minor portion of the 26, its still great to feel like running 7 miles is a short run for me. I still recall the days when even tackling a mile was a breather! It feels good to consistently see progress. I'm truly a believer that anyone can make the same progress with CONSISTENT training. Your body is an amazing being that adapts like no other! Ok enough of that rant, this weeks 7 mile run allowed me to tackle the Back Cove Trail in Portland. The "locals" have raved about this trail, and I was happy to finally see what it was all about. The Eastern Promenade Trail in front of our work hotel connects to the Back Cove making for a little over 7 miles. So yesterday morning I woke up early before checking out to get in my run. Although it was raining a bit, the run was pretty pleasant. I think the odd part was running under an underpass where the two trails connect! It was also great that the Back Cove had multiple water fountains along the trail, making for a nicely hydrated run. After my run was over, I stopped in the hotel lobby to pick up some breakfast to "refuel". I'm starting to realize now how important fueling and refueling really is as the miles increase. Although its kind of hard to keep up with the calories, I can tell that my appetite has increased drastically, and that I'm always hungry! I'm sure anyone out there training for a marathon feels my pain. I guess I'll have to increase the amount of cliff bars and protein shakes I take in during the day.

Well thats all for now. Until next time!
-Kevin

Also don't forget to donate to the American Cancer Society and help me reach my $1,000 goal!!
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Kevin.Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment