Support my fundraising efforts by clicking the link above!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Running in Portland


After returning from vacation at the beach, I began a new project for work in Portland, Maine. This prompted an immediate change in my running schedule. Now that I was on the road Monday through Thursday, I decided to adjust my running schedule so that my long runs were now on Sundays instead of Saturdays. The cross training and day "off" at the beginning of my travel week made things alot easier. I was also lucky in that my hotel was right in front of a running trail! This made it very easy to wake up at 5:30 am and get my run in before the day started. The trail in front of the hotel was right along the coast with a boating dock and small beach.

This made for nice scenery during a run! Although it took some discipline, I can say that for the most part I have kept up with my running over the past two weeks. Mid week runs in Portland, and long runs on Sundays in Boston. This weeks milestone was reaching the 13 mile long run mark. Although I've ran a half-marathon before, it still felt great to get to this point in my training plan. This 13 mile run was also much easier than my half marathon. I guess my fitness is starting to improve. I finished with energy left in the tank at the end. I even sprinted part of the last mile!

Until next time,
-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment